Hot Potato Naming Issue

Hot Potato Naming Issue

by Ivan Gashtilov -
Number of replies: 4

Hi guys,

Just wondered is it possible to remove or rename the "Hot Potato" quizzes so they dont look like "Hot Potato Quiz"? Can i somehow make it just "Quiz" or "Special Quiz" or something similar? i tried to look in the language file, but i couldnt find it there.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ivan Gashtilov

Re: Hot Potato Naming Issue

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Ivan,

do you mean renaming the Module  i.e. changing the Modulde name under Add activity?

''Quiz'' is the name of another module for Moodle; it'll be confusing.

Stan

In reply to Stan Bogdanov

by Ivan Gashtilov -

Hi Stan,

The screenshots below might be able to help me explain myself precisely. I would like to have the wording Hot Potato renamed everywhere i meet it in my moodle site. "Special Quiz" might be a good alternative naming, as it will truly be confusing if I swap Hot Potato with Quiz, since moodle already have one.

for example - look at this screenshot:

Screenshot1

I would like to have "Special Quizzes" in the breadcrumb link not "Hot Potatoes Quizzes".

Or here:

Screenshot2

again "special Quiz" instead of "hot potato quiz".

Is this possible?

Regards,

Ivan

by Ivan Gashtilov -

Ok I found the solution. What i did is basically went deep into the language files and i found that swapping "hot potato" with "special" in the hotpot.php file actually did the job smile

thanks for trying to help

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Maybe you can do the same thing through the Site admininistration -> Language -> Language editing, then click "Edit words and phrases", select "hotpot.php", then modify the "modulename" and modulenameplural" strings.

HTH
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)