Cloze (fill in the blank questions)

Re: Cloze (fill in the blank questions)

by Jeff Forssell -
Number of replies: 4

That looks quite interesting.

In the documentation I see:

N. B. "Cloze for Moodle" has an automatic randomization system  of answers. You may therefore place the right answer(s) in the first box (top boxes) in order to have a clear vision of right answers during the editing. At the time of  compilation, answers are randomized, showing  a random position each time  you try the quiz.

I didn't think that Moodle supports ramdomizing of alternative answers in CLOZE questions. Have you checked that this really works in Moodle?

If one wants a particular order in the alternatives (for example "non of the above" last), is it possible to turn off/override the editors ramdomization?

In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Itamar Tzadok -

Jeff, I haven't looked into that but but the point of the randomization is when the code of the Moodle questions is generated, not run time. Doesn't make much sense for shortanswer questions of course, but only for multiple choice. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Duilio Peroni -

Yes, correct.
Randomization is not on the Moodle platform, but iside "Cloze for Moodle" application.
Once loaded on the platform Multichoice answer are no longer randomized.
If you want a new randomization you have to reload the quiz in MoodleXML format in the "Cloze for Moodle" application and save again the quiz.
Randomization is obviously meaningless for shortanser questions.

In reply to Duilio Peroni

by Jeff Forssell -

Maybe the documentation should be clarified from

N. B. "Cloze for Moodle" has an automatic randomization system of answers. You may therefore place the right answer(s) in the first box (top boxes) in order to have a clear vision of right answers during the editing. At the time of compilation, answers are randomized, showing a random position each time you try the quiz.

to something like:

N. B. "Cloze for Moodle" has an automatic randomization system  of answers. You may therefore place the right answer(s) in the first box (top boxes) in order to have a clear vision of right answers during the editing. At the time of  XML file compilation, alternative answers are randomized. Moodle does not randomize CLOZE alternative after import.

Is it possible to override randomization in your editor?

In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Duilio Peroni -

Sorry, at present it is not possible to override randomization.
May be in future when a my student will take in charge the project as final examination work.