IV in Moodle can it be done?

IV in Moodle can it be done?

by Claire Browne -
Number of replies: 4

Can Moodle support IV (Internal Verification) monitoring?

To me Moodle seems to be more teacher to learner bass and excludes anyone else in the education system.

Has anyone else managed to IV work in Moodle?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claire Browne

Re: IV in Moodle can it be done?

by Gordon McLeod -

Wouldn't you just assign the IV as a non-editing teacher?
Personally I'd also hide their role assignment so that they don't show up as a tutor for the class.

Much trickier is the issue of external verifiers - do you just manually create accounts or have a formal process for setting them up with authenticated user accounts. I prefer the latter - but it does mean staff co-ordinating verifiers have to be on the ball and arrange it in advance.

In reply to Gordon McLeod

by Claire Browne -

Hello Gordon,

Yes in an ideal world IV as a non editing teacher would be the best way forward.

But...

Our IV's sometimes want to change the grade of quiz, but there is no distinguishing factor to say this is an IV mark/feedback and this is your Teachers mark/feedback.

At present we have is the feedback is a horizontal rule after the teacher feedback and then the name of the IV person with their feedback.

by Paul Cook -

Hi Claire of course it is a great systems for IV's , I used to run a lot of forums and this was good evidence to keep. However I would say that you have to take the information themn prepare it in an external file for the IV to review alomngside the criteria you are working to, I found this helps. But I guess if your a 100% on Moodle with the course then it is all there for each student, I guess to depends on what you are doing on the Moodle? EV is slioghtly more problematic as most EV's want everything presented in external folders when they comne around, even though you show them the Moodle they also want it all printed out so thats why I used to prepare the external folder so that once the IV had been done it was printed out for the EV, simplessmile Cheers Paul Cook

by Eric Dodd -

i was told buy an expert here that there are not alot of modules working in moodle 2.0 at this current time however if you can contact one of the programmer's and suggest this module you might get lucky maybe with a

donation you can persway the programmer into writing you an APP