Unusual display Book Module

Unusual display Book Module

by Anna Weber -
Number of replies: 3

Hi!

I have just started playing around with freshly installed Book module and I have impression that something is not quite right.

I have never used it before. MDL 2.0.1+ (Build: 20110105), FF3.6 screen 15". What could go wrong? See screenshots and share your ideas please.

1. Missing Printing settings

initial book

2. Lack of possibility to expand the editor

chapter edit

3. Navigation on the left

green lorry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna Weber

Re: Unusual display Book Module

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HEllo,

first of all the migration to 2.0 is not finished yet. The existing data should is upgraded, but the changes in UI are not yet finished.

1. The "Disable printing" option was removed, please use capabilities instead.

2. This is a bug in Moodle itself, the "Add block" should not be appearing on pages that do not support blocks.

3. The CSS was not updated yet, I have to go through the DIV structure and rewrite the CSS completely.

Thanks for the testing.

Petr

In reply to Petr Skoda

Odp: Re: Unusual display Book Module

by Anna Weber -

Hi Petr,

Thank you!

ad 2. in your post: vanishing right edge of the objects on the screen can also be noticed on my 1st screenshot. The effect dissapears when I use 19" or 22" monitor. Does it mean it could be the problem with the standard theme itself?

And your advice please. Is it a good idea to start creating new books in this module as it is or should I wait until further updates.

Thank you for useful module and your help.

Anna

In reply to Anna Weber

Re: Odp: Re: Unusual display Book Module

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It is a general problem related to the new theme layout, without blocks it should work just fine.

Current version is development release, you can track the progress in the readme file. You can use it in production if you want to, but I can not promise any timely support or quick response.

Petr