Premium blue

Haley Elearning Center

This template is created by our team, Haley moodle studio

Download

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luqman Hakim

Re: Premium Blue

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thank you Luqman for adding your theme to the Moodle theme repository. I have just approved it. I like the use of the 960 Grid System...nice!

Thanks again

Mary

In reply to Luqman Hakim

by Nathan Robbins -

Thankyou for uploading this theme. I am excited to use it, but I am having problems with the l-pita.png image getting cut off in the block titles on the left side. The only course format it seems to work in is the weekly CSS/no tables.

I have been tweaking the CSS, but I can't seem to get it to work. I am running 1.9.9 on IIS with MySQL on Windows Server 2003 R2

**Edit: My users are required to use Internet Explorer 8 angry**

Is there an easy fix to this issue?

Below is a screenshot of the error.

Thanks,
Isaac

Attachment blockTitleError.png
In reply to Nathan Robbins

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Isaac,

Just tried this out and it seems to work fine on Firefox, so I'm guessing its another IE issue rather than a problem with the css itself. I don't have IE8 on any computer here this evening to test, but will take a look tomorrow to see if i can find anything to help.

Richard

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Isaac,

The same problem arises in IE7.

I haven't been able to access a computer with IE8 today, but hopefully this will work there as well:

I was able to get the left edge of the title for the sidebar block to appear in IE7 (without any apparent adverse effects in Firefox!) by adding position:relative to the css section in style.css as below

#left-column .title {
background: url('img/l-pita.png') no-repeat top left;
margin-left:-6px;
padding-bottom:3px;
position:relative;
}

There do seem to be a few other minor differences between the theme displayed on IE and Firefox, such as the positioning of the HEC logo in the top left and the precise positioning of the title block, which still apears a few pixels to the right in IE compared to FF.

Hope that helps,

Richard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Isaac,

This theme is lovely isn't it?

First of all I want to assure you that there is NO problem with this theme in IE8. What the problem you have with this theme is more likely to be the way your IT Server Manager has the setting for IE8 for your organisation. By default it IE8 opens in Compatibility Mode. Now this mimics the effect of the older IE7 browser. What it actually does to this theme is breaks the code by interpreting the CSS values for position relative & absolute in the way it did in IE6 & IE7.  Which is not helpful. Now I am assuming you will not be aware of the comptibility settings in IE. It may even be that your IT Manager has made it a policy to enforce the comptibility mode for Moodle.  The only way to check, if you can, is to open IE8 and depending on which menu type you have, either click on Tools (in the top left menu) or Page (lower right) - and click on Compatibility View, this will switch your present view to normal view of the page and hopefully you will see the sideblock header images jump back to the side as they should be. If you don't have Compatibility View then you may just see Compatibility View Settings. It's in this settings pop-up where you can decide which view you want IE8 to work in for your site.

Hope this helps?

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -

Thanks for that Mary.

unfortunately, I wasn't able to get to a PC with IE8 on it as mine are all running Firefox/Chrome on Linux smile but its good to note that the theme problem doesn't happen normally in IE8.

And yes, I completely agree this is a lovely theme!

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Nathan Robbins -

Thankyou both for your help. I am able to get it to work with Richard's fix. Unfortunately, changing the browser settings won't be an immediate option...

Thanks,

Isaac

In reply to Luqman Hakim

by Kristen Mozaffari -

I love this theme!

I do have one problem, though, and I'm hoping you can help me out.  I installed it and everything looks fine, except that the HEC logo doesn't appear on my main page and it doesn't matter if I'm logged in or out.  It does appear on certain admin pages (e.g., HTML Editor), but I haven't been able to discern a pattern.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.15 and Moodle 1.9.10.

I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.  Any thoughts?

In reply to Luqman Hakim

by Fedaa Attana -

Hello

thanks alot for this cool theme..

I really like itsmile but i cant use itsad

I'd like to ask you luqman if it can support other languages(e.g Arabic) bcoz the "select language box" becomes inactive when i try this theme...

what can I do???

thanx again