Help links display problem in blocks in Moodle 2.0

Help links display problem in blocks in Moodle 2.0

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As I'm currently upgrading my own block from 1.9 to 2.0 I have come across what looks like a bug in the way the online help is displayed in Moodle 2.0. Here are my findings.

1. In the "standard" blocks in moodle 1.9 the only block to have (one) help button is glossary_random. Help for How a new entry is chosen.
  2. In Moodle 2.0 that Help button has disappeared.
  3. In Moodle 2.0 it is possible to place a $mform->addHelpButton() button in a block's edit_form.php script.
  4. However, when that button is clicked, instead of displaying the Moodle 2.0 new Help pop-up window, the help text is displayed in the current window. I expect that is a bug, and developers have "forgotten" the possibility to have Help buttons in blocks.

Can block maintainers/developers confirm my findings and maybe suggest a fix before I post this in the bug tracker?

Am I the only one to need Help buttons in my block?

Thanks,

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Help links display problem in blocks in Moodle 2.0

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Reported in the tracker as MDL-26072.