Taunton's College Blocks updated for Moodle 2

Taunton's College Blocks updated for Moodle 2

by Mark Johnson -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Just a quick announcement to say that I've released updated versions of some blocks which were released by my college (mostly by Mike Worth) for Moodle 1.9, to work with Moodle 2.  As well as updating the APIs, I've cleaned up a lot of the code and made them more efficient where possible, although there aren't many new features except for the Accessibility block.  Note that if you use the Tutor Link or Metacourse Link block, the CSV format has changed slightly to include the operation (add or del) as the first column. This is to make the format consistent with the flatfile enrolments plugin.

The blocks I've updated are as follows. Please note that these are no longer being actively maintained for 1.9:

I'm also working on updates for the Term Review module and Inside/Outside block which were previously released by Mike. If you have any questions about these modules, please let me know.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Johnson

Re: Taunton's College Blocks updated for Moodle 2

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Oops, looks like the pages haven't been approved yet. I'll post again when they are!

In reply to Mark Johnson

by Mark Johnson -

Great timing that was. They're now approved!

In reply to Mark Johnson

by Jamie Tinley -

Hi Mark,

I just emailed Mike Worth who said you may have updated the tutor link.  Fantastic!  I'm wondering if it will work with 2.3.1?  I'm hoping so.  Thanks again,

Jamie

In reply to Mark Johnson

fyi - SQL for database view of assignments the Tutorlink block can create

by Jago Brown -

I've just constructed this query to help me, so it may be of use to other Moodle admins wanting an overview of  Moodle Tutor, Tutee relationships in their site.   This query will list all tutor (usernames) enrolled into tutees with the "teacher" role (i.e ra.roleid =3)

[ra.modifierid =2 ~ which is main site admin : you might want to modify this]

SELECT ctx.id, ctx.contextlevel, ctx.instanceid, ctx.path, ctx.depth, ra.id, ra.roleid, ra.contextid, ra.userid, ra.timemodified, ra.modifierid, ra.component, ra.itemid, u.username
FROM mdl_context ctx
LEFT JOIN mdl_role_assignments ra ON ra.contextid = ctx.id
JOIN mdl_user u ON u.id = ra.userid
WHERE ra.modifierid =2
AND ra.component = ''
AND ra.roleid =3
AND ctx.depth =2
AND ctx.contextlevel =30
ORDER BY `u`.`username` ASC

On this moodle page you can edit/view all one individual tutors tutees' at: 
/admin/roles/usersroles.php?userid=XXX&courseid=1

Would it be worth building a view into this TutorLink block, or moodle Admin page, to display a paginated view of all relative to user role assignments?

Jago