Problem with the "ability to learn" Theme

Problem with the "ability to learn" Theme

by Graham Clark -
Number of replies: 2

I’m having problems with the “ability to learn” theme.

I downloaded the file and extracted it to my Moodle 1.9.9+ theme folder.

However, when I go into the Theme Selector I don’t see a screen shot of the theme.

Moreover, if I disregard the fact that there’s no screen shot and click the “ability to learn” Choose button I get a totally white screen.

Has anyone else had this happen with this or any other theme?

If so, what did you do to solve the problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Clark

Re: Problem with the "ability to learn" Theme

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Graham,

Does your webhost use cPanel?

If so, try uploading the zip file direct through cPanel and using that to extract it.

Does this happen with any other downloaded themes or just with this one?

Richard

In reply to Graham Clark

Re: Problem with the "ability to learn" Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If I were you Graham I would drop Themza themes like a 'hot potato', as they are a pain.

If you had looked inside the zip before you extracted you would have found a number of .xml files, related to the images located in various mod folders.

If you want to try and strip the theme of these .xml files first, in a zip clean up, then open the zip, and list the files in TYPE order and then highlight and delete the ones whose file extention is  .xml.

That done extract the zip to it's theme folder onto your desktop. Then using a Text Editor (Notepad) find and open config.php in the theme's folder.

Somewhere in the config.php will be a reference to the xml files. It's a bit of PHP which links back to Themeza website which is not necessary. So delete that line or lines of code.

The fact your theme isn't showing up in the Theme selector could be caused by the cPanel, if you use such a thing on your website, as Richard suggests.

Mary