Ability to Assess Submission after Closure

Ability to Assess Submission after Closure

by Vernellia Randall -
Number of replies: 3

It seems that after the assessment phase closes. That no one can do assessment including the teacher. We need to have the ability for teachers and teaching assistants to assess submission after the assessment phase. As it now I have to keep the workshop open for assessment-- my concern is that students will think it is open for their assessment.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vernellia Randall

Re: Ability to Assess Submission after Closure

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hmm, good point. The best way I can see this implemented is a new capability to ignore deadlines. So you would set up a deadline for assessment that would apply to all you students but teachers and teaching assistants would have this capability granted so they assess submissions even after the set deadline.

The workshop will have to stay in the Assessment phase however (because of the Workshop 2.0 design, certain actions can be done in certain phases only and the whole system relies on that). But your students will get a clear message that their assessments must be done before a given date while your teachers will be able to continue with assessing even after this deadline.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Ability to Assess Submission after Closure

by Vernellia Randall -

Your solution will work for me since I don't want to move into the grading phase until after teacher or teaching assistants have completed their assessments.