Issue with Answers and Feedback in 2.0

Issue with Answers and Feedback in 2.0

Mat Dolton -
Vastausten määrä: 7

Greetings again,

Having an issue after the upgrade over the weekend to 2.0 with our lessons.  At the lessons we have a series of questions, and this is happening with all questions.

Issue is say it's a True and False question.  The student answers True, and presses next, the next page comes up with the following:

True or False - An electrocardiograph (ECG) can identify oxygen deficiencies in blood returning from the lungs.

Your answer : Correct!
Correct!
Now... as you can see it's not actually giving the answer the student gave (Which would be True) but it's giving the feedback instead (which is Correct!)  Does the same for incorrect answers, but also for matching, Multiple choice and Short Answer
HELP!!!  hymy
Arviointien keskiarvo: -
Vastaus Mat Dolton

Re: Issue with Answers and Feedback in 2.0

Karen Welds -

Hi Matt --

Nice to e-meet you. I noticed the same thing a while back and posted it as a bug in Moodle Tracker, number MDL-25823. I understand that if people vote for posted bugs it helps move them up the to-do list, so feel free to give it your vote!

Meanwhile, I've worked around it by using multi-choice to create a True-False question. It shuffles the position of the "True" and "False" answer options, but other than that it works fine.

Vastaus Karen Welds

Mat Dolton -

Done... thanks mate will try the work around.  Give me a hoi if they resolve it please

Vastaus Karen Welds

Mat Dolton -

Hey Karen,

Do you know if there has been any progress with this one?  Haven't seen any changes in the bug tracker

Thanks

Mat

Vastaus Mat Dolton

Karen Welds -

Hi Mat -

No, haven't heard anything. If Moodle doesn't come through in April, our developer will do the fix himself and I'll pass it on (he's been holding off in the hope that Moodle will be able to get to it, but we have to launch our application pretty soon so it looks like he'll do it after all).

Hope that helps,

Karen

Vastaus Karen Welds

Joseph Rézeau -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers Kuva: Translators

Very easy fix:
in file mod/lesson/pagetypes/truefalse.php
line 98
replace
$result->studentanswer = $result->userresponse = $result->response;
with:
$result->studentanswer = $answer->answer;

Joseph

Vastaus Joseph Rézeau

Mat Dolton -

Tried that one mate, all it gave me was a completely blank screen.  Luckily I had saved the original file  hymy

Vastaus Mat Dolton

Joseph Rézeau -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers Kuva: Translators

works for me, but of course may depend upon the exact version of the file you are using

of course, you must always save the original file before doing any modification

and you should also turn debug mode ON so that you can display an error message instead of a blank page

if you try again - with debug mode ON - what does it say?

Joseph