Moodle KPIs or How do you measure effective use of your Moodle?

Moodle KPIs or How do you measure effective use of your Moodle?

by Nathan Cobb -
Number of replies: 0

Hi

I've recently taken over Administration of the Moodle at my new College and I've been asked to look at creating a list of Moodle related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).  This has got me thinking, how do I measure usage of Moodle in a meaningful way to report on at an institutional/departmental level.

I am aware of the work of Lewis Carr at Leeds City College (http://www.lewiscarr.co.uk/content/moodle-course-report-block-automatic-course-checking-system) and his Course Report Block which will hopefully be made available soon.  This is obviously targetting individual moodle courses however and is more for the benefit of the course owner.

What sort of measures of performance are people using?  Ideas I ahve are total number of site users (split by staff and students), total active users (based on activity recently).  I can also look at activity on a course by course basis.  It starts to get more complicated quite quickly though.  How do I measure activity beyond having logged in to the system and looked at a course?

I'm not quite sure how to progress this in a meaningful way at the moment and thoughts from other on what you are currently doing would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Nathan

Average of ratings: -