Importing test questions from ExamView Software

Importing test questions from ExamView Software

Kevin Brinkman發表於
Number of replies: 15

Here is what I am trying to do with my website.

1.  I want to be able to make a test with Exam View by picking the questions I want for the particular content that I am covering at the time.
  1. I want to then be able to import it into my Moodle website so that the students can log in under their ID #, take the test, and have it sent back to me graded.
  1. I think that this is going to require that I save the exam that I have made in Exam View as some kind of blackboard file extension so that the test will be interactive and allow the students to answer the questions on the website.

Thank you for any assistance that might be available!

評比平均分數: -
In reply to Kevin Brinkman

Re: Importing test questions from ExamView Software

Rick Koontz發表於

This works for me on Moodle 1.9.10

Generate your quiz in examview test builder. Choose File > Export > Blackboard 6.0-7.0 and follow the instructions.  Make sure that you remember the name and location of the zip file. Find the zip file and right-click on it.  Choose extract all. When you are done extracting, you will have a file that looks similar to:  res00000.dat  This is what you will be importing. Go into moodle and start a quiz.  You will have to at least name the quiz.  Then choose save and display. On the next screen, click the edit tab and then choose import. Select the Blackboard format (NOT Blackboard V6+) Make sure your category is correct, and unclick the ‘Get Category from file’ box In the ‘Import from file upload…’ section, browse to your res00000.dat file and upload it. You should see a list of questions.  Roll to the bottom and click Continue. The questions should now be in the question bank.
評比平均分數:Useful (2)
In reply to Rick Koontz

Kevin Brinkman發表於

That worked Beautifully!!! 微笑  Now, I am going to play around with it a while to make sure that I can do it on my own.  Thank you very much for the quick reply.  I was really having trouble finding someone that could explain this to me. 

Rob Johnson發表於

There is a plugin for 1.9 that will allow you to import Examview Blackboard .zip export with images.

評比平均分數:Useful (1)
In reply to Rob Johnson

Kevin Brinkman發表於

大眼睛I am really green when it comes to changing things within a program.  I am having trouble understanding what to do with your instructions for install:

Create a new line in your lang/en/quiz.php at the bottom as follows (change 'en' to fit your language) -
$string['examview_blackboard'] = 'Examview (Blackboard 6.x)';

Copy contents of the zip file into your /question/format/ directory inside of moodle. You should see existing folders such as "aiken", "blackboard", etc.

Lastly, make sure your execute/ownership permissions are set correctly on the files you copy into your Moodle directory. You will know this plugin is working if you see a new option for Examview (Blackboard 6.x) appear in your list of import options. If it doesn't show up, you have a permissions problem.

From there, just try to import a test.. use the ZIP files exported by Examview for this. They can come from either individual tests or entire question banks.

Do you have a set of instructions that may come from "Moodle for Dummies大眼睛"

Thank you for your time.

Kevin Brinkman

anie nebs發表於

Please I need help with uploading examview quiz into moodle.

I unzipped or extracted the examview file that I exported into blackboard and I got the following .DAT files

00001_categories.dat

00001_itemcategories.dat

00001_questions.dat

00001_settings.dat

imsmanifest.xml

.bb-package-info

nar001-1.jpg  to nar0004-1.jpg

I did not see a file similar to res00000.dat.

Please help.

In reply to anie nebs

Rob Johnson發表於

If you install the plugin, you upload the the entire .zip file.

In reply to Rob Johnson

anie nebs發表於

what is the link for the plug in or where can I download the lug in

Rob Johnson發表於

Are you running a server, or is you Moodle hosted?  Either way, the contents of the plugin .zip file needs to be put in the correct place.  If you look at all of the Moodle files and folders, you will see a "question" folder.  Inside of it is a folder titled "format."  The format folder is where the plugin needs to go.

The premissions refers to making the files writable by the web server.  You can check to see if the permissions are OK by clicking into a course, and click the "questions" link in the admin block.  You will see an "Import" tab.  If (examview_blackboard) is listed in the format choices, you should be in good shape.

The language file addition is for athestics.  Adding the line to the language string will change (examview_blackboard) to Examview Blackoard 6.x.  The plugin works without editing the lang file.

In reply to Rob Johnson

anie nebs發表於

The server is hosted. I am i out of luck

In reply to anie nebs

Rob Johnson發表於

No.  I only asked to know how you would be uploading/editing the files.

In reply to Rob Johnson

anie nebs發表於

where is this file lang/en/quiz.php?

In reply to anie nebs

Rob Johnson發表於

Look in /lang/en_utf8/.

In reply to Rob Johnson

anie nebs發表於

Look in /lang/en_utf8/.

Please I do not know where to look for the above file. Please clarify with direction where to locate or how to locate the above file

In reply to anie nebs

Rob Johnson發表於

There is a folder called "lang" where all of the other Moodle files and folders are located.  In that folder, you will see another folder called "en_utf8."  This is where English language files are stored.  You will find the quiz.php file there.

Your host likely has Cpanel or something similar that you can use to browse the files and folders of  your Moodle installation.  There will be an editing tool with the file browser.