Problem playing .mov from Amazon S3 with Moodle 2 add a resource / file

Problem playing .mov from Amazon S3 with Moodle 2 add a resource / file

by Andrew D -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

We are trying to play some .movs which are hosted on Amazon S3 via Moodle 2 and having some problems.

We have configured Moodle 2 so we can see the Amazon S3 repository including all our buckets, folders and files there using an access and secret key.

We can select the .mov in question and add it to the course using "Add a resource / File" and it shows up as a link on the course page with a nice little camera icon next to it.

When we then try and play it though we just get the player window opening up but the movie doesn't launch and play.

We did the same using the file locally and it plays fine and we have also been able to do it by using "Add a resource / Page" and including some HTML5 Video code to play it and that also works fine.  We had to set the Amazon S3 security so it was visible to everybody for the latter, but even with that security setting changed it won't work using "Add a Resource / File"

The problem is the 2 methods that are working would be completely unsecure, and we are wanting to lock the movies down so they are only accessible with the access and secret keys that we have added to the "repositories / amazon s3 settings" in moodle.

I have a feeling we are missing something stupid here but can't figure out what so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew D

Re: Problem playing .mov from Amazon S3 with Moodle 2 add a resource / file

by Lisa P -

Hi!

How did you configure your Moodle 2 to see all the buckets? I'm getting JSON string error... =(

I saw the tracker that you've put, but wonder if you have a workaround.

Thanks,

Lisa