Keeping a Lesson Module hidden until...

Keeping a Lesson Module hidden until...

by Jon Havvit -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this but here I go.

I want to keep lesson 2 hidden from the student until all assignments/quizzes in lesson 1 are completed. Once all the assignments/quizzes are completed lesson 2 becomes unhidden automatically and they can continue on and once that is done they can do lesson 3 and so on.

Sorry, this may be a dumb question, but I am being asked by my superiors

Is this possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Havvit

Re: Keeping a Lesson Module hidden until...

by Stuart Mealor -

Hello Jon

I think the Lesson Forum in the Using Moodle area is a perfect place to ask this question! wink

The problem with the thinking here is that you have one Lesson, and many Students, and it can't become unhidden for them individually as each one passes the previous Lesson - the Lesson is either hidden, or it's not.

However, two things...

1. In Moodle 2.0 you can use Conditional Activties, which do allow you to specify that a previous activity must be completed before the next one is unhidden.  This would work for each Student individually, and is probably your ideal solution.

2. In Moodle 1.9 you could use a workaround system, for example:

Setup Lesson B with the "Dependent on" settings linked to the required score in Lesson A.

Although Lesson B is still visible, it can't be started until the Lesson A requirement is completed smile

Stu

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stuart Mealor

Re: Keeping a Lesson Module hidden until...

by Jon Havvit -

thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for