1.9 modules, now standard in 2.0 - upgrade question

1.9 modules, now standard in 2.0 - upgrade question

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, I am still using 1.9 but we will be upgrading this summer hopefully. I don't want to add and modify our 1.9.9 version too much to reduce complications during the upgrade but we want to add the Detailed Responses - Quiz Report, which is now standard in Moodle 2.0 (http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=96).

I will probably end up renaming the 1.9 folder, uploading 2.0 and transferring over config.php and non-standard items.

Will I have to treat it as a non-standard item or will it upgrade seemlessly sicne it is now standard in 2.0?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: 1.9 modules, now standard in 2.0 - upgrade question

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This quiz report does not have any associated databsase tables, or capabilities, or anything, so there is no problem at all.

Just install it into your 1.9 site. Then, when you upgrade to Moodle 2.0, you don't have to do anything relating to this plugin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Melissa Benson -

If I upgrade the way of renaming the 1.9 folder moodle.backup, upload the 2.0 files and name it as my old folder (moodle) - when I move over my non-standard themes and plugins, will I have to move over the Quiz Report folders - or no because those folders will already be in the 2.0 folder?

..hope that made sense.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The (Detailed) responses report is in mod/quiz/report/responses.

If you want that in 1.9, you have to install it your self, which creates that folder.

That folder is already present in the Moodle 2.0 release, and you should not mess with it there.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Melissa Benson -

Awesome, thank you!

by Chad Outten -

Hi Melissa,

From what you say - just thought I'd check you're aware that 1.9.x themes aren't upwardly compatible to 2.0. And, majority of 1.9.x custom modules won't work. Definitely a good idea to first replicate your intended upgrade process on a test instance to get an indication if there may be some challenges ahead.