Unable to view picture (.png) using another user account.

Unable to view picture (.png) using another user account.

ved Daniel Gan -
Antal besvarelser: 4

Hi,

i'm new to moodle, anyway, i created some lesson by uploading (.png) file. Somehow after a few weeks, one of my colleague used his moodle account to view my work, but he is unable to see my uploaded (.png) in his computer, however, when I login to my account, i was able to see it.

Urgently Need Help.

Thank you.

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Daniel Gan

Odp: Unable to view picture (.png) using another user account.

ved Anna Weber -

Hi Daniel,

I have similar problem except it happens equally in lessons and in labels in the course. If I use broadband internet connection then I see all images OK but if I use mobile internet connection then I do not see these images. So the clue is - the kind of internet connection you and your colleague uses.

While I upload images I always give them the name so I know where they are on the page. While in Firefox, when I use SHIFT A I prompt to display all images and they appear.

If I run mouse over the name of an image the field underneath behaves odd and it blinks but if I use SHIFT R I prompt for a single picture and it appears. I tried to change internet settings responsible for image display but it did not help in any way.

Not sure SHIFT advice helps you in any way.

I svar til Daniel Gan

Re: Unable to view picture (.png) using another user account.

ved Mike Holzer -
I svar til Mike Holzer

Odp: Re: Unable to view picture (.png) using another user account.

ved Anna Weber -

Hi Mike,

I still have not found the solution so I would gladly open the link you gave except I get error message "404 Not Found". Can you check the link or recall the tag which would help to find it?

Cheers,

Anna

I svar til Anna Weber

Re: Odp: Re: Unable to view picture (.png) using another user account.

ved Glenys Hanson -

Hi Anna,

If you copy Mike's link http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=165822#p730303 and paste it in the navigation field, it will work. I've found that this problem happens when, lazy me, I "copy and paste" or "drag and drop" a link instead of recreating it with the Insert link icon.

Cheers,

Glenys