Testing and QA

Picture of Peter Birdsall
Forum email not showing pictures - pluginfile error

Our staff are posting messages on forums with pictures and students are getting  this result as an emai (see below), which is irritating, not motivating and messy. They are used to working with moodle for many years, using the forums as a messaging system. Any ideas what causes this? The data directory is r/w for apache as always. (Example is a forum post that uses a poster rather than text.)

For now we have instructed staff to upload images to a directory via samba on the webserver so that they can link to these ... but am looking forward to a solution.

thanks, Peter

email consists of:

P L U G I N F I L E/Poster%20seminar_Interviewing%20Skills_Ioana%20Bora_291210.png" width="680" height="481" alt="Poster seminar_Interviewing Skills_Ioana" />

Average of ratings: -
Manish Verma
Re: Forum email not showing pictures - pluginfile error

I can confirm that this issue is there with 2.0.1+.

Manish.

Manish Verma

Manish Verma

I am seeing this issue in xml files generated for RSS feeds for blog/forum as well.

Thanks for reporting this Manish.

Manish Verma

It has come to my notice that forum emails from moodle.org are indeed showing clickable image icons. Has this issue been fixed recently?

Manish.

No, have updated via cvs and problem still occuring, I'm afraid..

Manish Verma

For testing, I checked the rss xml file generated by a forum from moodle.org, and it showed images. Then I checked the rss xml file generated by a forum at qa.moodle.net and it did not show image. Looks like some local changes are made at moodle.org to fix the issue.

Manish.

Henry Gray "Gray's Anatomy"

Any update on this?  I am using Moodle 2.0.7 (Build: 20120109) and whenever someone posts a picture on the forum, it is not displayed on the emails.

Thank you

C'est moi :-)
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

MDL-25944 has been closed (resolved) 2 years ago. It should have been re-opened if problem was not corrected.

But now, Moodle 2.0 is outdated, and no more updated. You should really update to Moodle 2.2 (first), and perhaps then to 2.3 or 2.4.

Séverin