Cohorts, Groups and Groupings

Cohorts, Groups and Groupings

by D O -
Number of replies: 2

Wonder if anybody can help on how to do the following

We would like a group per class list so that we can assign activities to certain group/groups as well as show only specific groups on the gradebook.  I understand that groups will allow showing only a group on the gradebook and the groupings can be used to assign groups to activities.

We will probably have about 20 courses, one for each subject (possibly further courses per subject for each year), whats the best way to set up groups ?

Do we have to set up all groups manually for each course and then add those groups to a grouping for each course or is there an easier way ? as we will probably have 200 groups to set up and these will need to be re-done every september.

Looked at cohorts but these only seem to help with enrollment and if you pick a group to include a cohort, if the cohort changes later on the course group is not synced with the changes ie delete any students that have moved.

We will have a look at creating the groups for each course via the csv file but just wondering if there are any site wide groups that we could update and just select these groups on each course we want them

Average of ratings: -
In reply to D O

Re: Cohorts, Groups and Groupings

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hello

you can use auto create groups  in courses: http://docs.moodle.og/en/Groups anduse the upload user function for group creation. We've created more than hundred groups in a course within minutes

Ralf

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

different Groups and forum rights differentiation

by Jürgen Helmchen -

Hello,

I installed groups in a course (basic "no groups") and I want to assign these different groups to corresponding fora. Members shall only have access to these specified fora and should not see (or at least enter) other fora. - I formatted the fora as follows: "subscribe all": NO and "seperate group mode" - but they are all in all fora. It seems to me that there is no connex between group constitution an forum-definition, am I wrong?

One detail: it's not a study course but a communication platform where colleagues are working together (or not). So I put memebers in "non-editing-teacher"-status. But even trying with a "dummy"-student the result is the same! I even already defined different people as subscribers of the specified fora.

any solution for me? - Jürgen