Just a few hours before xmas nigth the internal mail beta 2 is released. Now featuring a lookup user screen and personal adress book management, and fixing some bugs.
You can also find the latest version in the cvs contrib->intrenalmail->beta2
We wiat for your comments and suggestions ... meanwhile ... merry xmas
Excellent feature, implement in moodle 1.4.3, all features work except cannot get the add contact feature to work..
Keep getting error message "This is not a valid address"
also the contact icon is broken..
Cheers for this addon..
This message ("This is not a valid address") should only appear when you try to add something that is not a valid moodle username. If you still have problems, please try to add using the "search users" feature. It should work ok .
Thanks for your feedback!
I have it installed, great new feature.
1. A couple of small problems. Not very clear on how to install contacts, I did manage to do it.
2. When contacts are selected when composing an Email you can not unselect. When you say "done" it will of course send the Email to all selected names.
3. When students login there is an error :/moodle/lan/en/block_simplemail_information.php missing.
(I added a file by that name with nothing in it and everything seamedto work OK.
Thanks for the great module
thank you for the feedback... we start working on the fixes for the bugs reported.
The issue about block_simplemail_information.php is our mistake. Sorry, we forgot about it when packing the module. Here it is included for you to unpack it in your moodle/lang/en folder.
About contacts selection, we didn't realize that problem when testing. We'll try to fix it having the next version in mind.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I've tried to install your beta on my Moodle (the latest release, dated Dec, 27), but I've received this message "A required parameter (sesskey) was missing".
Martin told me that probably your version is not updated.
Is it possible?
We tried the the beta with the last moodle version now available and it installs and seems to work ok.
Anyway, are your sure your version is the same it's now available as "latest release"? I ask because you say you have a version dated Dec, 27, but the last one now available is dated Dec,23...
If this doesn't fix your problem, we would thank you if you could send some more information about the bug:
- When it fails -installing, adding the activity to the site or a course, checking your mail...
- The URL that appears in your navigator's direction bar
- Your exact moodle version -go to the main admin page and, in the bottom, you should see something like Moodle 1.4.1+ (2004083101)... That's the last number what could help us...
- And perhaps you could post a couple of screenshots...
Thank you for your interest and feedback .