Unenroll a Cohort?

Unenroll a Cohort?

by Kymm Nelsen -
Number of replies: 9

While testing cohort enrollments, I found that there is no option to unenroll a cohort from a course. If I enrolled the members of the cohort, I can remove students; but not if I enrolled the cohort itself. Is this a bug? I've searched and cannot find a specific about this.

If not a bug, how do I unenroll a cohort?

TIA!
Kymm

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kymm Nelsen

Re: Unenroll a Cohort?

by Kymm Nelsen -

I think I may have just answered my own question. Go to Course Administration > Users > Enrolment Methods. If you have enrolled a cohort, the cohort will be listed on the page. Click the X to remove it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kymm Nelsen

by Marjan Milošević -

Well, it is one of peculiarities the Moodle 2 has brought.

I've ran into this too, couldn't believe that's the right way until I saw your post.

In reply to Kymm Nelsen

by David Woods -

Yes, that works. Pity one can't edit the cohort enrolment to another role. It's easy to enrol a cohort into the wrong role by accident.

In reply to David Woods

by Francois Evans -

Am using Moodle v2.3. This is nicht working for me.

Accidentally enrolled a cohort with wrong permission. Would like either to correct the permission of that cohort, or to delete that cohort and re-enroll it correctly. Cannot find a way to do either.

In Moodle 2.3, the enrolled cohort permission per user, is listed on the Enrolled Users page, without an 'X' to delete it. mixed

Where can one unenroll a cohort in Moodle 2.3?

Thanks in advance for help.

In reply to Francois Evans

by Francois Evans -

Ha hah! - Found it. big grin

You have to go to the course concerned, then go to:

Settings>Course administration>Users>Enrolment methods.

The thing is, the option 'Enrolment methods' has a triangle next to it, which makes it look like an umbrella heading, but it's not, it has its own page!

...At that page which like as in the picture beow, you can then click on the approiate 'X' in the Edit column, to delete the redundant cohort.

Unenroll

tongueout

In reply to Francois Evans

by Souvik Roy -

Hi,

Thanks a lot Mr. Evans, your input was really helpful to me, as i accidentally enrolled a wrong cohort, & was really worried as a live examination was going on while iwas working, & this blog proved to be a real help to me. I agree with lots of people moodle at times can be tacky to handle as the facilities are not very clearly specified like this"X" mark is not there when enrolling/enrolling with "cohort sync" method. The developers of the software should really do something about this, as it can be really difficult to tackle at times. Thanx.

In reply to Souvik Roy

by Dean Robson -

Hi, I too have accidentally enrolled a 'Cohort Sync' and can't seem to simply delete this. I have gone to Enrolment Methods and I can see the small x option alongside Cohort sync (All Students - Student). When I click the button I see the waring screen 

Do you really want to delete enrol plugin instance "Cohort sync (All Students - Student)" with 7123 enrolled users?

After clicking continue I then get an error report?

using Moodle 2.4
In reply to Dean Robson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Dean,

Can you temporarily enable Debugging (developer level) on your site, recreate the error report and then try searching moodle.org and/or the Moodle Tracker for the error message. Please let us know how you get on.