Moodle 2.0 bug "Cancel"

Moodle 2.0 bug "Cancel"

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Matt Fedorko wrote:

pressing the Cancel button just pulls you back to that same page, where it insists that you need to supply the page with a Page Title and a Description*, which seems ridiculous since I just pressed CANCEL.

This looks like bug. Will investigate and report to the tracker.

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Moodle 2.0 bug "Cancel"

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Daren Chandisingh -

Which browser are you using? I haven't managed to reproduce this yet; pressing Cancel on the "Adding new Lesson..." page takes me back to the Course view.

In reply to Daren Chandisingh

by Matt Fedorko -

Daren,

This bug occurs for me in IE8 and only when you are

• Adding a Content page -- NOT editing a content page, just when you add one. If you don't save the page, and instead press cancel, it will take you back to that same page and insist you put values into the red boxes before it will let you cancel.
  • Adding a Question page -- If you press cancel either on the first page (where it's asking what type of question you want) or if you've chosen what type then get to the edit screen and THEN press cancel, you are always taken back to the edit screen where it asks you to fill in the red/required windows before it will let you cancel.

I believe we are using the newest build as of late last week.

In reply to Daren Chandisingh

by Joseph Rézeau -

Daren,

We are talking about Adding a new question page (or Content page) to an existing lesson instance. From your message I suspect you are talking about adding a new Lesson instance from the Add an activity dropdown list.

Joseph