Moodle 2.0 Alternative Icon set

Moodle 2.0 Alternative Icon set

by Charlie O'Sullivan -
Number of replies: 6

I am playing with a Moodle 2.0 instance and was wondering if there is any problem using the current nuvola set (that works so nicely with Moodle 1.9) with Moodle 2.0?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlie O'Sullivan

Re: Moodle 2.0 Alternative Icon set

by Chad Outten -
Picture of Testers

looks like tango or silk iconsets may find their way into standard themes in a future minor release.

MDL-14361

In reply to Chad Outten

by Charlie O'Sullivan -

Does that mean the release will overwrite the changes I make?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Charlie,

My understanding (although I stand ready to be corrected on this) is that if you were to copy the icons across and replace those in one of the included core themes, those would be overwritten when updating your moodle.

If, however, they are in a custom theme, then the update would not overwrite them.

Richard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Charlie,

What I should have stressed but forgot to, was to say you only need to make the changes in your custom theme, and NOT in Moodle CORE or Moodle CORE themes as these wWILL be over-written during an upgrade.

Moodle will pick up the images you add to your custom theme's pix_plugins/mod/ folder much in the same way smart pix picked up mod icons in Moodle 1.9.

Adding these icon images to your custom theme is safe, providing of course you keep a copy of your theme, just in case future upgrades lose the theme folder!!!

What Richard is also saying is correct too.

Mary