Request a new course error

Request a new course error

by Jerry Swadley -
Number of replies: 5

I saw in the tracker that this error has come up several times and had to be fixed by the core moodle team.  In my moodle 2.0, when some one tries to request a new course, the request goes through, but it gives an error message:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Could not load preference message_provider_course_courserequestrejected_loggedin. Does the component and name you supplied to message_send() match a row in message_providers? Message providers must appear in the database so users can configure how they will be notified when they receive messages.

I get this type of error when I try to approve or reject the course, as well.  The course does show up in pending requests and if I approve it, it shows up under miscellaneous.  But, then I have to go to the course and move it to the right place since the second screen never shows up due to the error.  Rejection of a course never works.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jerry Swadley

Re: Request a new course error

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jerry,

I tried requesting a course using the latest 2.0.1 on http://qa.moodle.net/ and had no problem requesting a course (no error message). What version of Moodle 2.0 are you using? I did obtain an error though when I tried rejecting the course, and added a comment about it to MDL-25831.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Jerry Swadley -

Thanks Helen,

Version is 2.0.1.  Server was first installed using 1.9.4 and kept upgraded to 1.9.9+ before I did the upgrade via CVS.  I ran the cvs update 3 days ago using the latest weekly build.

Thank you for checking into it.  I will do the next weekly update when it becomes available and see if is fixed.

In reply to Jerry Swadley

by Jerry Swadley -

Oh and the only non-standard plug-in I had was questionnaire.  I have removed it.  So nothing but core moodle here.