Fusion theme issue with IE 8

Fusion theme issue with IE 8

by Wayne McAlpine -
Number of replies: 11

Questions(the text) in lessons is not wrapped within the page. Please see attached.

Had the same problem with Formal white theme.

IE8

Mozilla Firefox

Regards Wayne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wayne McAlpine

Re: Fusion theme issue with IE 8

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Wayne,

How did you enter that text in your Question text? I hope you did not "copy-paste" from your Word Processor.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Wayne McAlpine -

copy pasted from windows into joomla editor(JCE) and then copied html code into moodle.

Why .... is there a problem?

Regards Wayne

by Wayne McAlpine -

Typed a test question

1.  Essay
2.  Multichoice
3.  True and false .......... all in with moodle 2.0 editor ended up with the same problem ?

Typed content into content page no problems

Regards Wayne

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Wayne,

Could you please attach as a text file to a post the exact complete text that you showed us as screenshot in your original post (Scene: a suburban music store etc.) so I can type it into my own moodle 2.0 Lesson pages.

Thanks,

Joseph

PS.- It never is a good idea to type text into a Word Processor and then copy-paste it into moodle's own HTML editor, as this will carry lots of invisible formatting code which can ruin your text in the end.

by Wayne McAlpine -

Joseph,

Have attached text file with both text and code, however it is not the text. As mentioned i typed a  text sentence into the moodle editor which resulted in the preview as less than the full sentence.

It only happens in lesson questions using IE8.

Regards Wayne

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Wayne,

This is not a bug with the Fusion theme. It is a Lesson bug in MSIE. I will post a discussion about it in the relevant Lesson forum (and will post a bug report in the tracker).

I was not aware of the bug because I never use Internet Explorer myself. How I wish everybody would switch to Firefox.wink

Joseph

by Wayne McAlpine -

Joseph,

IE  Not important to me but students will use what ever they have on their computers and students pasting into FF requires them to change javascript ... which at most, would be beyond them.

Regards Wayne

by Joseph Rézeau -

Wayne "students pasting into FF requires them to change javascript ..."

I don't understand what you mean.

by Mike Holzer -

Wayne, try the fix I have detailed here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=165662#p729476 .

Contact me if you have any questions.

In reply to Mike Holzer

by Wayne McAlpine -

Thanks Mike and Joseph ..... !

Was able to get multichoice (except multi answer) to behave but not the rest with the changes to code.

Interesting that under edit /  lessons that when you hit the link under page title that each question displays properly except that text is centred.

Regards,

wayne