Moodle documentation: Which theme to use in M2 screenshots?

Moodle documentation: Which theme to use in M2 screenshots?

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

Do we have a preference for the theme we use in our screenshots in Moodle 2.x?  I am not asking to enforce a rule upon anybody else smile  I think I am asking which is the most tested theme from a visual perspective across all functions?

I would guess "Standard White", but I notice that demo.moodle.net default seems to be "Anomaly".    "Standard" seems a bit stark.  I had "Binarius" on my localhost and that seems to need a few tweaks.

Thanks  Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Moodle documentation: Which theme to use in M2 screenshots?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't really know, but I used Standard in my book even though as you say it's a bit stark- because it just displays the basics of Moodle without your being distracted by colours and other fancy themy stuff.

In reply to Chris Collman

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good question, Chris. It would be nice to have a kind of "default" theme to be used for the docs. Something like standard, but not so stark. Standard White would make a likely candidate.

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I used to always use the standard theme for screenshots, but the new themes in Moodle 2.0 are so stunning, it seems a shame not to use them. As long as the content is clear, I wonder whether it matters if different themes are used?

Joseph, I guess you mean formal white, rather than standard white?