Gradebook

Moodle 2.0: Students can not see their own gradebook

Picture of Paulo Oliveira
Moodle 2.0: Students can not see their own gradebook

The Administration Menu and therefore also the gradebook are not shown when I log as a Student in Moodle 2.0. They are shown when I change my role from Teacher (or site Manager) to Student. I have tried some adjustments on the site level, everything seems to be all right, but the problem persists. In the course settings, "allow students to see gradebook" is also on. Is there anything else to be set? Moodle 2.0 is installed in my personal computer, running under Windows 7 on the BitNami basis - for testing before we go in to production at the Univesity site. I tried to upload some screen shots to this message, but somehow it did not work. Thanks in advance for any hints.

Mary Cooch
Re: Moodle 2.0: Students can not see their own gradebook
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

What do you mean when you say you have "tried some adjustments on the site level"? Do  you have a number of courses on your Moodle and does the settings block (which holds course admin>grades and profile) not appear in any of them?

Picture of Paulo Oliveira

Thanks for the question. I had just one course, added now a new one for testing sake. The problem persists, so it must be general (some setting at the site level, I suppose). The views should acctually be the same: maybe a little bug in 2.0 - eventually allready corrected in a weekly built, 2.01? I found no issue about this problem, that's why I think it might be a simple settings/configuration problem at site level. But what settings? And why are the views different?

Mat

I'm having exactly the same problem with Moodle 2.0 in that Students can't see the gradebook anymore in the course pages, where as they could in Moodle 1.9.

If I am logged under my administrater login, and I switch to student view I can see the Settings block, but log in as an actual student, and it's not there.

Any help greatly apprecaited.

Picture of Matthew Sauvage

Hello Mary. I respond here as you seemed to be on the track of our particular issue. I know this is rather an old thread but the solution to this thread does not solve the issue for our site. We are using 2.5 (which originally started as 1.9). We have over 100 courses and allow studendts to see their own grandebooks and parents to see their childrens' gradebooks. This was working fine until recently. We now have the issue described above. It is possible for the student to see their own grades or for parents to see their childrens' grades for some courses but not for others. This suggests it is something happening at the course level but I just cannot see a pattern. As the screenshots show, for the course BBG503 it is possible to consult the grades (in the Profile settings for "student"), but for BFI503 it is not. It is like this for about half of the courses in this example. To consult the childrens' grades parents normally go to this profile page (by clicking on their childrens' name in the mentees block) and consult the grades for each subject by moving from one to another. Any idea why it is only possible to see gradebooks for some subjects and not others for the same student profile?

Picture of Mike Landis

I do not know if this will help but my students can see the gradebook... and here are my settings under Site Administration -> grades

Graded Roles:   Student

User Profile Report:  User Report

Aggregation positon: Last

Include scales in aggregation: Yes

Show submitted date for hidden grades:  no

Enable publishing:  No

Grade export display type:  Real

Navigation method:  Dropdown menu

Primary grade export:  Plain, Excel

Unlimited Grades: Yes

---

I have no clue if the above will be helpful for you or not, but here's to hoping!

Mat

WOOHOO thank you so much!!!!

My settings were all the same except the Primary Grade export: which I had as nothing, changed that and now they can see the gradebook.  Thanks so much for your help