Error when assigning Roles in IE with Moodle 2.0.

Error when assigning Roles in IE with Moodle 2.0.

by Rob Monk -
Number of replies: 3

I get an error message when searching for someone in IE8. I've just upgraded to 2.0.

I don't get the error using Firefox.

This means I'm unable to assign roles in 2.0 unless I use Firefox. This is a pain. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Details of the error below.

Attachment roleserror.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Monk

Re: Error when assigning Roles in IE with Moodle 2.0.

by ben reynolds -

Not to be unkind, but IE is, as usual, a non-compliant browser. Best not to use it. Or advocate its use.

In reply to Rob Monk

by Ainis Jamsuts -

Hi.

Maybe this could be usefull:

1. Find and open module.js in <root>/user/selector/

2. Find line 57. and edit it (<label> to <button>) like this:

this.searchfield.insert(Y.Node.create('<label for="'+this.name + '_searchtext">'+searchbutton.get('value')+'</label>'), this.searchfield);

To:

this.searchfield.insert(Y.Node.create('<button for="'+this.name + '_searchtext">'+searchbutton.get('value')+'</button>'), this.searchfield);

Also u can do another way and comment out 58. line ( //searchbutton.remove(); )

This gives back a search button that u can use in IE. Hope it will work for you too smile

In reply to Ainis Jamsuts

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rob,

It seems you're not the only one to come across this IE8 problem! I found a report of it in the Moodle Tracker - MDL-25975 - together with a suggested fix.