Moodle 2.0 CSV Upload Enrollment

Moodle 2.0 CSV Upload Enrollment

by Matt Shaul -
Number of replies: 0

I have a strange problem with Moodle 2.0 that I've not had with previous versions.  We've been using the csv upload feature for years to add student accounts to courses.  I now have a test of version 2 running and I cannot, in certain instances, get the upload feature to work.

Specifically, if I create a proper upload file in Excel, vi, Notepad++, etc., I can upload it flawlessly.  However, if I download a properly formatted file from our Registration database (not allowed to link to Moodle per campus security), Moodle will not accept it.  Instead, the uploaduser.php file says:

Number of preprocessed records: 0
The uploaded file contains no valid data.
I've look at both a "good" and "bad" file in a hex editor and see no difference.  I've saved as UTF-8, ASCII, WIndows1252, etc to no avail.
Turning on debugging reveals nothing.  I've added various echo and print_r statements to the uploaduser.php file and the output looks identical for good and bad files.  Column headers are output as are record lines in the echos.
I've compared the temp files in dataroot/temp/etc and they appear identical.
One last oddity - I can manually edit a bad downloaded csv and change the email addresses, save the file, and it works.  Note, Moodle will only "see" and output for preview those accounts in which I've manually altered the email address.  Yet, in a hex editor the records look identical.
Again, this works flawlessly on 1.9.10, but not 2.0.  The same error occurs on a clean 2.0 install and an upgrade.
I've run out of things to try and to look at.
Help.
Thanks
Matt
Average of ratings: -