Manually Adding a Student to a Course Moodle 2.0

Manually Adding a Student to a Course Moodle 2.0

by Paul Kores -
Number of replies: 11

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a student to a specific course in Moodle 2.  Under Moodle 1.9 I would created the account under the "Add New Account", switch to the specific course, go into "Assign Roles" select the new student and add them to the "Student" role for the course.

In Moodle 2 I have set up the account, but I can't add the student to the course.  If I try under "People" I get a message about "Can't assign roles from this block".  If I try under Paticipants I get the same sort of message.

Any one figure this out?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Kores

Re: Manually Adding a Student to a Course Moodle 2.0

by Derek Chirnside -

Enrolling users:

Switch to the course>Settings>Users>Enrolled Users

You see who is in the course: click the Enrol Users button to add more users.

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Paul Kores -

Got it. smile

I knew it had to be there somewhere.

I'm still trying to find where they moved all the bits and pieces from version 1.9.7 to 2.0.  Hopefully I'll get it all figured out before spring semester starts, or I'm in trouble.

Thanks for your help.

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by rishi kapoor -

When i select course and i go to the page of enroll users there i saw a screen which is attached below then when i click on on enroll users it enrolls admin or me as a user.Where i will get option to add students

Attachment FireShot Screen Capture #009 - hindifun_ 0 enrolled users - localhost_MoodleExpert_server_moodle_enrol_users_php_id=4.png
In reply to rishi kapoor

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Rishi

When you click on enrol user button you will see a pop up box like this

From the Assign role drop down at the top of this box select "Student" and then click on the enrol button besides user name to enrol it as a student. After that click finish enrolling users to exit.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by rishi kapoor -

Hi sakshi ,

First of now i am unable to see the enroll users option on selecting course.

When i clicked on enroll usersleft hand side menu option i saw a page which is in attached  image.The options coming under

Enrolment methods are :

All,manual enrollments,guest acccess,self enrolments

I did not found there student option.

May i have urs skype

Attachment enroll1.png
In reply to rishi kapoor

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Rishi

First go to the course then you will see a settings block under that go to Course administration > Users > enrolled users link

When you click on enrolled users link you will land on Enrolled users page with a table. There you will see a small button lable with "Enrol users" 

click on it. Then you will get a pop-up box from where you can choose which user you want to enrol in the course, what role you want to assign him. For doing this you can follow my previous post.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by rishi kapoor -

Hi Sakshi,

Kindly look at below file .

I am doing that process from yesterday but still i did not found the student option in that dropdown.

Attachment enroll2.png
In reply to Sakshi Goel

by rishi kapoor -

Ok actually the blocks editing was off so now i can see the enroll users option on selecting the course  but still i am not able to see the student option.

In reply to rishi kapoor

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Rishi,

I want to confirm one thing that you have added any other user except u on the site.

Settings > Site administration > Users > Accounts > Add a new user

First you have to add a user to your Moodle site then only you can enrol him in the course.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sakshi Goel

by rishi kapoor -

Sakshi please take a look at below file there is an option to enroll users but no popup comes there but when i click on enroll users the above previous  attached file data is displayed in which i have shown u enrolled  users.

Attachment enroll3.png
In reply to rishi kapoor

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Rishi,

Just follow the simple steps below:

1. Go to the course (the course in which you want to enrol student). Eg- i am having course TC check screen shot below point marked 1.

2. Then see left side go to Settings > Course administration > Users > Enrolled users. Click on enrolled users link (check above screen shot point marked 2).

3. you will see a screen like in the below screen shot below

Click on "Enrol user" button (which is marked 3 above) then you will see a pop-up like in the screen shot below

4. Select the role from the "Assign role" drop down (see point 4 in screen shot). Then click on "Enrol" button besides user name (check point 5 in screen shot).

5. After that click "Finish enrolling users" button (check point marked 6 above).

6. See table above students appear in the table marked as point 7. You can change enrolled user role to another role by simply clicking on the "Plus icon" in columm roles (check marked point 8).