Blank when moving/deleting lesson module pages

Blank when moving/deleting lesson module pages

Walid Hammad - මගින්
Number of replies: 17

Hello Moodlers,

I would like to thank you guys for the efforts you put into making moodle the best it can be.

My issue is when I am in edit view of a lesson module and try to change order of pages, whether its content, question or cluster, or delete any i just end up with a blank.. no errors or anything with debugging turned on. This happens regardless on which browser i try it from: IE 6, 7 & 8, chrome nor firefox.

I am using moodle 2.0 stable. I am not sure if there is any other information that I should have included here so let me know.

Thanks,

Walid

ශ්‍රේණිගත කිරීම්වල සාමාන්යය: -
In reply to Walid Hammad

Re: Blank when moving/deleting lesson module pages

Joseph Rézeau - මගින්
Core developers ගේ පින්තුරය Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Plugin developers ගේ පින්තුරය Testers ගේ පින්තුරය Translators ගේ පින්තුරය

Hello Walid,

I am not experiencing this problem on my local installation of Moodle 2.0 (Build: 20101213). Could you please explain step by step what you are doing and what is happening when trying to move pages ?

When you click on the "move" icon (1) do you get to screen (2) or not? What happens then?

Joseph

Attachment 14-12-2010 22-50-30.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Walid Hammad - මගින්

Hi Jaseph,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

From your screen shots: After clicking on "move" icon(1) or "delete" icon(4) I end up with a browser blank page:

I hope that would help you helping me.

Thanks again,

Walid

In reply to Walid Hammad

Joseph Rézeau - මගින්
Core developers ගේ පින්තුරය Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Plugin developers ගේ පින්තුරය Testers ගේ පින්තුරය Translators ගේ පින්තුරය

Walid,

Sorry I cannot help you further because everything is working fine for me in 2.0. Are you sure you have set the debug mode to the maximum level AND to display on the page?

Joseph

Walid Hammad - මගින්

OK today i created a new lesson and as i added pages to it debugging showed the following on top:

Error: could not insert new context level "50", instance "46". incorrect course id (46)
  • line 1886 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 2223 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to create_context()
  • line 1354 of /calendar/lib.php: call to get_context_instance()
  • line 61 of /blocks/calendar_month/block_calendar_month.php: call to calendar_set_filters()
  • line 279 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_calendar_month->get_content()
  • line 232 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
  • line 882 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
  • line 934 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
  • line 342 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 7 of /theme/base/layout/general.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
  • line 627 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 585 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line 52 of /mod/lesson/renderer.php: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 50 of /mod/lesson/edit.php: call to mod_lesson_renderer->header()
Incorrect context specified
  • line 562 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 1359 of /calendar/lib.php: call to has_capability()
  • line 61 of /blocks/calendar_month/block_calendar_month.php: call to calendar_set_filters()
  • line 279 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_calendar_month->get_content()
  • line 232 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
  • line 882 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
  • line 934 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
  • line 342 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 7 of /theme/base/layout/general.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
  • line 627 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 585 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line 52 of /mod/lesson/renderer.php: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 50 of /mod/lesson/edit.php: call to mod_lesson_renderer->header()

Also on this new lesson when I click on move or delete page I get blank page with no debugging on that page, but the above appears once i am inside the lesson.

In reply to Walid Hammad

Chris Collman - මගින්
Documentation writers ගේ පින්තුරය

Hi,

Which version of 2.0 are your using p[lease include the  build?  What is your role in that course when you are moving and did you try a different one?

Joseph and other probably know more about this but that top error code is the big clue.

Error: could not insert new context level "50", instance "46". incorrect course id (46)

This tells me your site has created over 40 courses (not exising, just created), so why is the course id not correct?  Seems to me  if the course id is not correct it is no surprise that context would also be wrong and nothing will display.  If this is just a Lesson issue, then perhaps Lesson did not install correctly, replace the mod/lesson folder with some new code.

I created a lesson and was able to move a content page on Moodle 2.0 (Build: 20101206) which is the current demo.moodle.net version in the Features course.

I wonder if this site was a new one or did you migrate from 1.9.x?

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

Walid Hammad - මගින්

Hi Chris,

Thank you for replying on both of my posts. This is a fresh moodle server  installation  Moodle 2.0 (Build: 20101124).

I only have three courses; didn't create and delete courses so by no means I should passed the 40 limit.

I don't have a role in the course as I am logged as site-wide admin. But I tried creating a user enrolled as teacher and got the same error.

I will give it a try once I am back in office to replace the lesson folder with a new one.

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.

Walid

In reply to Walid Hammad

Chris Collman - මගින්
Documentation writers ගේ පින්තුරය

Hi Walid,

The build number might help Joseph, whose skills behind the interface greatly exceed mine.

Just to be clear.  Generally speaking there are no limits to the number of course ids or activities.  You see the id number in the browser.

For example the course id for demo.moodle.net ' Features demo in english is 5.

The first lesson in "features" shows an id

http://demo.moodle.net/mod/lesson/view.php?id=224

I like to pay attention to the browser address when I am having problems.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

Walid Hammad - මගින්

I replaced lesson folder with a new one. Problem persists.

It was worth trying anyway සිනහව

Thanks,
Walid

In reply to Walid Hammad

Joseph Rézeau - මගින්

Walid,

Moodle 2.0 being very new, I expect (I hope) you are using it on a test site at the moment (not on a "live" site). If so, I would recommend re-installing a completely fresh version on your moodle test site.

Joseph

Walid Hammad - මගින්

Yes its a development site. Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers,

Walid

In reply to Walid Hammad

Olumuyiwa Taiwo - මගින්
Plugin developers ගේ පින්තුරය

Hi Walid,

It seems strange that a site with only three courses gives an error involving a course id of 46. Maybe your config.php is pointing to a pre-existing database?

Also, the error messages seem to be related to the calendar module.

Did you try a completely fresh install (with a new database, new root folder, new data directory)?

-- Muyi

In reply to Olumuyiwa Taiwo

Walid Hammad - මගින්

Thank you for your reply.

I currently don't have the option to make a fresh installation but I am working on it.

Meanwhile, I tried disabling the Calendar plugin and now I no longer get any debugging messages when I open the lesson. However, I still get blank pages when I try to reorder or delete pages.

Thank you again.

In reply to Walid Hammad

Olumuyiwa Taiwo - මගින්

You may be having PHP fatal errors. Turning on debugging might help you pinpoint the errors:

Go to Site Administration >> Development >> Debugging and

Set Debug messages to "DEVELOPER", and Display debug messages to "Yes"

In reply to Olumuyiwa Taiwo

Joseph Rézeau - මගින්

That's what I said in my message dated 15 December 2010, 04:09 PM:

Are you sure you have set the debug mode to the maximum level AND to display on the page?

Walid Hammad - මගින්

It is in developer debugging mode. here is a screencast so you see what I am facing:

blank

In reply to Walid Hammad

Olumuyiwa Taiwo - මගින්

Hi Walid,

It might help to check your PHP memory settings. The issues you're experiencing seem to be similar to that here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=167967#p736568

-- Muyi