Course Display - Sort Order

Course Display - Sort Order

by Tammy Snyder -
Number of replies: 4

Hi - we are using 2.0 RC 2.  I see patches to older versions that address the question of sorting courses by Term and Start Date.  Is there a way to do this via Moodle UI in 2.0 without customizations?  Ideally as new courses are created they would automatically be sorted among existing courses.

We considered achieving this by using Term in the category name, but category does not disply for courses the user is enrolled in.

Another option we considered - can we just update the course.sortorder field directly?  Not sure if this would have any adverse effects.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

Tammy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tammy Snyder

Re: Course Display - Sort Order

by Sergio Muela -

Hello, I'm in the same situation of you. I would like to modify manually de courses.sourtcode to order courses how i like, but I don't know if you do that, it would have "collateral damage".

Have you investigate anything new???

Thanks,

In reply to Sergio Muela

by Tammy Snyder -

Hi Sergio,

I have not gotten any feedback and we have not experimented with this yet.  If there is no better solution than updating the sort order directly, I'll let you know how our tests go. 

Tammy

In reply to Tammy Snyder

by Mike Kelly -

Hi Tammy,

Any luck with this? I just set up a 2.0.1 install and we're beginning to load it up with courses. Some form of auto-sort capability would go a long way to making the course list a lot prettier. I haven't looked at the source code yet, but I plan on diving in shortly.

In reply to Mike Kelly

by Tammy Snyder -

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry but no I have not yet experiemented with this. We've been really focused on integration with CMS but that was resolved today so perhaps we can start to look at this soon.  For us the pressure won't be until next Fall because we want to sort primarily by term.  Good luck with this and hope you keep us posted.