Delete all Glossary entries

Delete all Glossary entries

by Giordano Andrea -
Number of replies: 4

Is there a way to delete all glossary entries?

Or is there a way to assign a bulk of entries to a category?

I'm trying to build a glossary as a crosswords source and wanto to populate it little by little and create categories during the process when it seems useful.

Did I make out the point?

Thanks'

Andrea

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giordano Andrea

Re: Delete all Glossary entries

by Joseph Rézeau -
Gambar Core developers Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Plugin developers Gambar Testers Gambar Translators

Hi Andrea,

There are several questions in your post, which do not seem related...

1.- How to delete all glossary entries

a.- One by one (can be tedious if you have many entries!)

b.- Simply delete the whole glossary

2.- How to bulk assign entries to a category

a.- Normally you assign an entry to a category when you create that entry (provided that you have created the categories first, of course).

b.- I suppose what your question means is that you have created the entries first, then you create categories, and you want to assign a number of entries to categories in one go. Unfortunately this is not possible from within the Moodle Glossary interface.

In conclusion I would say that it would be a very useful feature of the Glossary module to be able to multi-select a number of entries to be either deleted or assigned to categories.

Joseph

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mat Dolton -

sorry... so how do we delete all entries from a glossary?

Reason I ask is we have 4 terms of a course, and with each term I move the glossary that has been completed to the new term by that group of students, and we now have a new Term 1 set of students starting and the old Term 1 Glossary is there for them to see, and the glossary is part of their assessment.

HELP!!!  Using Moodle 2.0.1

In reply to Mat Dolton

by Mat Dolton -

Never mind... I ended up just deleting the entire activity and putting a new one back in.  Seemed easier than deleting 10 entries for each student, and there are 29 students.