Delete all Glossary entries

Delete all Glossary entries

by Giordano Andrea -
Number of replies: 4

Is there a way to delete all glossary entries?

Or is there a way to assign a bulk of entries to a category?

I'm trying to build a glossary as a crosswords source and wanto to populate it little by little and create categories during the process when it seems useful.

Did I make out the point?

Thanks'

Andrea

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giordano Andrea

Re: Delete all Glossary entries

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andrea,

There are several questions in your post, which do not seem related...

1.- How to delete all glossary entries

a.- One by one (can be tedious if you have many entries!)

b.- Simply delete the whole glossary

2.- How to bulk assign entries to a category

a.- Normally you assign an entry to a category when you create that entry (provided that you have created the categories first, of course).

b.- I suppose what your question means is that you have created the entries first, then you create categories, and you want to assign a number of entries to categories in one go. Unfortunately this is not possible from within the Moodle Glossary interface.

In conclusion I would say that it would be a very useful feature of the Glossary module to be able to multi-select a number of entries to be either deleted or assigned to categories.

Joseph

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mat Dolton -

sorry... so how do we delete all entries from a glossary?

Reason I ask is we have 4 terms of a course, and with each term I move the glossary that has been completed to the new term by that group of students, and we now have a new Term 1 set of students starting and the old Term 1 Glossary is there for them to see, and the glossary is part of their assessment.

HELP!!!  Using Moodle 2.0.1

In reply to Mat Dolton

by Mat Dolton -

Never mind... I ended up just deleting the entire activity and putting a new one back in.  Seemed easier than deleting 10 entries for each student, and there are 29 students.