Trying to add a white background container to show image background only at sides

Trying to add a white background container to show image background only at sides

by Debbie Kay -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I am trying to adapt custom corners theme and have managed to add a background image to the site, but cannot work out how to get it to appear only at the sides and give a white background behind the boxes for easier viewing.
Can anyone help with this please?

I do not know php at all - I achieved the desired effect on my webstore site by adding code for a 'container' into the .css sheet, but cant work out how to do it in my moodle site.

Here is what I have currently - http://onlinecourses.iperformancecycling.com

Here is what I'd like to achieve - http://debbiekneale.co.uk/store/

PS I am not a techie at all, not sure how I've managed to get it all this far! lol

Any help appreciated smile

PPS I have looked at the doc and FAQ's and cannot find anything there which seem to be about what I am trying to do, but if it is there and I missed it, I'd appreciate the link.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Kay

Re: Trying to add a white background container to show image background only at sides

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Debbie,

What you are trying to do isn't going to work because custom corners uses background images. So if you remove all the images you get back to the Standard theme.

What you need to do is make a copy of the standard theme folder and call it something meaningful like iperformance

Then you will need to add the following to iperformance/styles_color.css

.generalbox, .sideblock {
-moz-box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #818181;
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
border: 1px solid #CECECE;
margin: 10px 4px;
}
save the file and then select the new theme, using the theme selector in Moodle Site Administration / Appearance / Themes/ Theme selector
And with extra styleing you will bw able to achive what you want.
However this will only work in Firefox, as your site only works in Firefox with the shadow effect that is, in Internet Explorer you just see a white page with faint lines around the side, and center panels.
Hope this helps?
Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Trying to add a white background container to show image background only at sides

by Debbie Kay -

Hi Mary

Many thanks for your help and reply smile