I fail to get the same grade-result as moodle does

I fail to get the same grade-result as moodle does

by Thomas Eibel -
Number of replies: 2

moodle 1.9.9+

I cannot calculate to the same grade-result as moodle does.
Please see my settings and results in the attachement.

I have a subcategory with 2 tests, where I drop the lowest result.
So, there should be a result of 11.9 points of 30 (39.7 %) for this subcategory.

The category beurteilt should hold now at least 2 activities:
* the result of subcategory test
* a grading of 0 of 30 points (0 %)

Therefore I expect a value of 19.85 %, which is the result for both calculations (with points or witch percent), but I get 30.5 % => confusion.

Anybody a clue?

Best Regards,
Thomas

It is not possible to me, to come up with the same

Attachment grad_wrong_calc_small.jpg
In reply to Thomas Eibel

Re: I fail to get the same grade-result as moodle does

by Thomas Eibel -

o.k. - found the problem, when I read the english help instead of the translated help in german:
when I switched to the aggregation methode "sum of grades", the result was as expected smile, that means 19.85 % for category "beurteilt".

But, another problem turned out:
with the choice "sum of grades", it seems, that the category "nicht beurteilt", which has no gradings at all, is not dropped anymore. In the uploaded, the result for "beurteilt" and "Course Total" is the same, since I drop the lowest result (which is "nicht beurteilt") - as intended.

With the aggregation "sum of grades" instead "Simple weighted ...", I get 19.9 % for the category "beurteilt", but 4.8 % for the "Course Total".

Strange to me ... not expected.
Anybody a tipp - or is this an error in moodle-behaviour?

Best Regards,
Thomas

In reply to Thomas Eibel

Re: I fail to get the same grade-result as moodle does

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Tomas,
May be you can post updated screenshots? It would be easier to visualise or may be find  the issue. smile

P.s. I am kind of confused that you do not have Max Grade column in your Categories and Items screenshot. If you click on the Full view link - will it show?

And when I look at the User repot, it shows the possible range for grade items as  5 (min) to 1(max).  Are you using Scales?