Modules won't install

Modules won't install

by Chuck Guilford -
Number of replies: 7

I've made it all the way to what I think is my final stage, but when I get to this point--after database, config.php, etc.--I get the message below:

Warning: filetype(): Lstat failed for (null) (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/chuckgui/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 2623

Warning: filetype(): Lstat failed for (null) (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/chuckgui/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 2623

No modules installed!

I've tried cahnging all permissions to 777, but this doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chuck Guilford

Re: Modules won't install

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
cd home/chuckgui/public_html
chmod -R 755 moodle

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Chuck Guilford -

Eloy,

Thanks for your response. I just changed the chmod for /moodle to 755.

The chmods for /lib and moodlelib.php are also 755.

But I am still stuck at this same point.

Chuck

Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hey Chuck,

did you see the -R flag in:

chmod -R 755 moodle ?

If you saw it (and executed the command properly):
  • Does the moodle/mod directory exists?
  • What does it content?

Ciao smile

by Chuck Guilford -

Thanks again, Eloy.

"did you see the -R flag in:

chmod -R 755 moodle ?"

Yes, I saw it, but I don't have shell access and so can't send this command. I have to use ws-ftp or my host's (ipowerweb) control panel to change chmod, and they don't provide for -R as a choice.

Hi Chuck,

ftp protocol doesn't support recursive chmod. You can try one of this:
  • Set default upload perms in your client and upload everything again.
  • Get some ftp client implementing recursive chmod. Core FTP and Cute FTP seem to support such chmod.
  • Tell your ISP to make it, please, of course. wink

Hope it helps, ciao smile

by Chuck Guilford -

Thanks again, Eloy. Instead of pursuing the recursive chmod I've deleted and re-created my database and re-installed moodle (including /moodledata) from scratch. Now I get a quick flash of screen showin an error message that disappears before I can read it. Then the installation continues flawlessly right up to the end when I have the "no admin login problem" that others have mentioned in this forum. I can create a regular user and confirm it, but then this user can't actually login.

I've been experimenting with different permission settings and locations for /moodledata, but to no avail.

by Chuck Guilford -

Finally! I made it.

I used version 1.3 and the whole thing went fast and smooth--no problems.

Must be some sort of bug in 1.4.

Maybe I'll try upgrading but for now I'm happy.