Searching a Lesson

Searching a Lesson

por priya shenoy -
Número de respostas: 3

Hi all,

Is there anyway to see if you can search a lesson for information?  For example,  I am creating a tutorial through Lesson modules with questions at the end.  Once my group finishes with the tutorial I would like them to be able to come back to it to look up information.  So is there anyway, that they can come back and search the material once they are done doing the lesson?

Thanks,

Priya

Media de puntuacións: -
En resposta a priya shenoy

Re: Searching a Lesson

por Stuart Mealor -

Hello Priya

In a Lesson, if you have many pages you are able to use the menu - this will easily allow your Students to jump to the correct section.  They would then be able to use the standard web browser search function for searching long pages sorriso

You can also enable the Global Search option on a Moodle site, details are here:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Global_Search_set-up

I believe the Global Search can be unreliable in Moodle 1.9 (which is why it is listed as 'experimental') although it does index Lessons in addition to other content.  However I believe the functionality is more reliable in Moodle 2.0, although I haven't had time to test this yet.

Stuart.

En resposta a priya shenoy

Re: Searching a Lesson

por Itamar Tzadok -

In the lesson settings, set 'Allow student review' to yes so that students may review the lesson. See image. sorriso

Anexo lesson-settings-allow-review.png