UDUTU for FREE

UDUTU for FREE

by Paul Jacobson -
Number of replies: 3

In an effort "to regain some passion in life", I've just sat through an hour of Bloom's Taxonomy explained by UDUTU - a content authoring tool:

http://www.udutu.com/products.html

They say they're in bed with Moodle; and are fully SCORM compliant. My question is: "How good is the product?"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Jacobson

Re: UDUTU for FREE

by Andy Kirk -

Hi Paul,

I wouldn't fancy an hour of any online learning, especially Bloom's Taxonomy. smile

I have been using the free version, MyUdutu for some time and like the product for the range of templates it offers and ease of use. For me it is easier than content authoring tools like eXe or Xerte and certainly easier than learning Flash. On this same basis it is easier for tutors to pick up, which I am working on in my support role.

As we are in a period of uncertaintly as to which if any LMS we have next year, this enables content to be developed that will run on any platform (it also has a Facebook application) I haven't worried too much yet about the SCORM capability but have certainly easily added Udutu-created content to Moodle, Janison and Facebook.

In reply to Andy Kirk

by Paul Jacobson -

Thanks Andy - that's reassuring. From designing Courses on my own, my focus is now shifting to our Lecturers' capacity to modify and refine courses to suit their approach to learning. Our college (covering 32,000 students) has a lot of exposure to EXE and the like; but I would prefer a clean break from the old bulletin-board style of "pinning the tail on the donkey".

In reply to Paul Jacobson

by Terry martin -

My question would be, "Can it produce accessible content for people with disabilities?"