Limit Quiz Time of Day

Limit Quiz Time of Day

by Jamie Tinley -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I have 6 periods of students.  I would like to limit the time of day they take the test but allow the test to be taken multiple times.  I know I could limit it by taking it just once between certain hours, but that would not allow them to retake a quiz.  I have already limited the ip address they take it from which helps but not completely as the quiz is used at various classrooms so limiting them by time would be best in this case.  thanks,

James

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamie Tinley

Re: Limit Quiz Time of Day

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Probably the easiest way to work around the fact that Moodle does not support your specific scenario directly is to use a password on the quiz, and change the password for each period. Then you can tell the students the password when they come into the room, they can do the quiz as often as they like during the class, and then when you change the password at the end, they can no longer access it.

In Moodle 2.0, you can set different start and end times for different groups.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jamie Tinley -

Thanks Tim, that's a great idea for now. I can't wait for Moodle 2.0 stable version available this month I think I read.  My users will be very happy when I update it and me too! thanks,

James

In reply to Jamie Tinley

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle 2.0 was released a couple of weeks ago!