Upgraded to 2.0 - where did all my files go?

Re: Upgraded to 2.0 - where did all my files go?

by William Felton -
Number of replies: 0

I had this issues and saw several posts with the same problem. I fixed mine with this solution.  Hopefully this can help those with the same issue.

Problem: The data from my 1.9 env did not get converted over to moodle 2.0  I got errors that said "file has not been migrated".  I had moved my data from the 1.9 to the /data/moodle20/ directory but it didn't get moved to the new directory structure.  I know it works since i got it working on my test system first.

My mistake: On the production server I set my config.php file with the parameter $CFG->dataroot = '/data/'  but I forgot to add the "moodle20" to the end of the path.

The fix is obvious.  I made the config ='/data/moodle20'  (I have left off my parent directory in this example)

I noticed this first when the upgrade was happening and a bunch of errors occured under the Forum, Wiki and Glossary upgrade areas.  They all complained that the "file is unreadable".  This did not happen after I made the fix.

Good luck.  My moodle upgrade was made much easier with some serious practice on my test system, which I highly recommend.

Willy