Unable to remove "Pop-up to file or web page"

Unable to remove "Pop-up to file or web page"

Nosūtīja CT Soo
Atbilžu skaits: 8

I'm using Moodle 2.0 (20101130) on LAMP. In editing Lesson settings, there is a field to attach a file for "Pop-up to file or web page". I've previously attached a file there, but now decide to remove that file altogether (not just to replace with another file, but to clear the field so that there is no pop-up link in Lesson view). There doesn't seem to be a way to clear this field? Using the "Choose a file" button only allows me to replace the file, not to clear it. Any idea?

Vidējais novērtējums: -
Atbildot uz CT Soo

Re: Unable to remove "Pop-up to file or web page"

Nosūtīja Joseph Rézeau
Core developers attēls Particularly helpful Moodlers attēls Plugin developers attēls Testers attēls Translators attēls

Thanks for reporting this bug. I will do some testing and try to find a patch before reporting to the bug tracker. I'll report here.

Joseph

Atbildot uz Joseph Rézeau

Nosūtīja Joseph Rézeau
Core developers attēls Particularly helpful Moodlers attēls Plugin developers attēls Testers attēls Translators attēls

I have found a fix for this problem, but in the course of searching for the fix I found another bug, plus a mis-nomer.

1.- If you edit one lesson's settings several times and change the media file to be displayed in the popup window, upon re-opening the Edit Lesson page, the file's reference will sometimes revert to the previous, instead of the current one.

The bug occurs if you select the new file for the popup from the "Recent Files" repository. It does not occur if you select it from "Upload a file".

EDIT.- this bug is not related to the Lesson Module itself, but to the new moodle 2.0 file management system. I will report to the tracker.

2.- Mis-nomer: "Pop-up to file or web page" should really be "Pop-up to file", as one can only link to a file in that context.

Joseph

Nosūtīja CT Soo

Thanks for looking into it. Please let us know the tracker MDL-id so we can know when a fix is available.

Atbildot uz CT Soo

Nosūtīja Joseph Rézeau

See MDL-25552.

You might like to apply the patch to your own moodle site if you are in a hurry, rather than wait for the bug to be fixed in the moodle distribution.

Joseph

Nosūtīja Katie Fraser

Hi Joseph,

Could you please explain how to apply this patch? I need to delete the "pop up to file" in my lesson -- as user outlined above. You were able to apply a fix but i'm not clear on how to do that? ...Would greatly appreciate instruction. Thanks

katie

Atbildot uz Katie Fraser

Nosūtīja Joseph Rézeau

Your IT support should know how to apply a patch. If you are on your own, and have never applied patches yourself, you can follow a fairly simple approach.

Before you do anything please backup your moodle site or at least the files that you are going to patch!

If you open the patch I have provided in bug tracker MDL-25552 (in any text editor) you see that there are 2 files to patch:

moodle/mod/lesson/mod_form.php and moodle/mod/lesson/lib.php. Open each of these files (on your server) and remove the lines marked - and add the files marked +. That's all!

However, it would be better to ask help from an IT person familiar with the concept of file patching.

Joseph

PS. One way to "promote" bug fixes is to vote for them in the bug tracker. So far only one person has voted!

Nosūtīja K S Ramachandran

Hi

May be this bug is now solved...  I have a similar problem + another. May be my knowledge of Moodle is insufficient. I tried reading many Moodle docs, but could not identify the reason.

1. When I tried to edit a lesson's settings, I am not able to remove a text file that I had earlier attached. I am only able to replace it with another file, but not remove it.

2. Even when I tried to “pre-view” the same lesson, “under linked media”, “click here to view” a pop up window opens but does not show my text file.

The Moodle version is:  Moodle 2.0.2 (Build: 20110221)

Any suggestions?

Atbildot uz K S Ramachandran

Nosūtīja Joseph Rézeau

Please, go to my bug report MDL-25552. All answers to your questions are in my detailed description of the bug. And you will also notice that the bug has not yet been fixed.

If you really want the bug to be fixed (some day), you should vote for it.

Joseph