What kind of OS is running on qa.moodle.org ?

What kind of OS is running on qa.moodle.org ?

by Takashi SASAKI -
Number of replies: 4
I installed Moodle 2.0 on my Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) LTS server. Some features including SCORM player don't work as I expected. On qa.moodle.org, SCORM player works well. Could anyone tell me what kind of OS is running on qa.moodle.org ? I would like to use the same OS as the reference. Moodle 1.9.9 on CentOS 5.5 works well for thousands students in our university.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Takashi SASAKI

Re: What kind of OS is running on qa.moodle.org ?

by Jordan Tomkinson -

QA runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 x64 with some custom built packages (php, mysql, apache, libxml etc..) to get the latest versions.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jordan Tomkinson

by Oleg Sychev -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Jordan, could you check that qa.moodle.net is update regulary as it should? Especially language packs (but code, probably, too). I have seen error in russian language pack that is fixed about a week ago, and it is fixed on moodle.org site, but remains on the qa.moodle.net I guess that means language packs weren't updated last week there.
In reply to Oleg Sychev

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oleg, I can confirm that the QA Testing site is updated daily, however I may have been wrong in thinking that installed language packs are updated at the same time. Anyway, I have just updated all the language packs now.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Oleg Sychev -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks, Helen. Now we could clearly see that the problem with TinyMCE isn't located in language packs - the problem is absent on qa.moodle.net with latest packs.

Now we should understand, why moodle.org does /lib/editor/tinymce/extra/strings.php call, while qa.moodle.net doesn't. Could it be because moodle.org code wasn't updated for some time?