Installation help

Installing Moodle in Easy PHP 5.3.3.1

Picture of Võ Trọng Trí
Installing Moodle in Easy PHP 5.3.3.1

Failed after:

Error: Database connection failed

It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly.

The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in E:\Cai_dat_phu\EasyPHP-5.3.3.1\www\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 60

Average of ratings: -
moi!!! it is what is is...
Re: Installing Moodle in Easy PHP 5.3.3.1
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

When this occurs, it is usually, but not always, there is a disparity between what you are putting in as the password and what mySQL is expecting. To get around this issue, I have usually created the database first, giving it my own password, using "root" as the user, and when installing Moodle, it works. I said "usually" but  not always. Check the php.ini file and make sure the mysqli extension has been activated, either or both usually fixes it. But on a few occasions, I found Ihad to uninstall then re-install mySQL and repeat the process, later I found I would have been better just using phpMyAdmin to drop the database and then recreate it as outlined above.

Average of ratings: -