[ERROR] restore moodle 2.0 course

[ERROR] restore moodle 2.0 course

by Marco António -
Number of replies: 4
After a moodle 2.0 p4 course backup in a local server, i want to restore that course in a final release moodle 2.0 production server. During restore operation it shows an error: error/setting_invalid_ui_label. Anyone with this error?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco António

Re: [ERROR] restore moodle 2.0 course

by Juan Emilio Fuentes -
Yes Marco Antonio I got the same error when I try to restore a demo course from the moodle.org. I don't know how to fix the error. Juan
In reply to Juan Emilio Fuentes

by Marco António -
Hi Juan, if you want, you can vote for this issue resolution in http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-21432. This can tell developers that this is importante.

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Marco António,

while the issue you comment (MDL-21432) is important (it's the complete backup & restore implementation) I wouldn't recommend to vote on it for particular issues like the one commented in this discussion. Instead, it's always better to create a new issue in the Tracker providing all the information available about the problem, how to reproduce it and so on. That's the way for problems like this.

Of course, feel free to vote the issue above, as far as it's really important, but let me say that, being the assignee for that issue since 1 year ago, I already know it's (very) important. It has been my main focus since then, lol, so some dozens (or hundreds) of votes won't help, lol (note this is a side-joking comment). smile

Ciao smile

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

can you, plz, point me to one of those not working courses?

That error sounds to me like "something from the past" (i.e. happened while 2.0 was under development) and haven't been reproduced it here since long time ago.

Having access to one non working example will make things easier to debug and, hopefully, fix.

TIA and ciao smile