Cloze questions within a Lesson

Cloze questions within a Lesson

by carlos vazquez -
Number of replies: 7

Dear Forum Members,

Greetings. Is there some way I can insert a CLOZE question within a lesson?

Best regards,

Carlos Eduardo Vazquez

Average of ratings: -
In reply to carlos vazquez

Re: Cloze questions within a Lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No. sad

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Geoffrey Lee-Dadswell -

Is there any plan to make it possible to include cloze questions in lessons?  I realize that it might not be a simple extension to Moodle's capabilities, but I suspect it could greatly improve the effectiveness of lesson modules.

In reply to Geoffrey Lee-Dadswell

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is either impossible or would need a lot of programing. What you must realize is that the so-called Cloze questions are actually a set of sub-questions (mutliple choice, short answer, numerical) put together. At the moment only Moodle's Quiz activity can use such "sets of questions". The Lesson module is built on a totally different approach from the Quiz.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by brian avery -

Joseph,

Maybe this is a silly question - I'm an expert at thinking them up - but is it possible to call up a quiz (like a cloze) from inside a lesson. For example as a pop-up screen activated when a user hits a particular page. The user could do the quiz, which would hopefully close after completion, and on the trigger page in lesson all you need would be a button saying 'click here once you have finished the quiz'.

I know it's not the same as incorporating cloze into a lesson but all the same...

Or a way of tightly chaining together 3 items: Lesson part one, quiz, lesson part 2. Three individual components but tied together.

It's not an issue that I wanted an answer for and I've no idea if I'm asking to be made the next King of Alaska, and maybe the educational purists will answer by saying 'what do you want to do that for..?' but all the same...it would be a way of getting around the lack of cloze in lessons.

Happy new year everyone...when it arrives.

Brian

In reply to brian avery

by Johnny Zephyr -

Hi Brian

Just a thought. You could include a HTML link to the cloze resource instead of embedding it in your lesson.

It basically means that One page of your lesson will have to be an essay-type question with the question detailing the link to the cloze resource; or having an actual link for the user to click on that will bring your cloze resource up in a popup.

Not ideal but you'll get your link to your cloze resource.

Thanks.

In reply to carlos vazquez

Trả lời: Cloze questions within a Lesson

by Henry Nguyen -

I just have the same question as you do, Carlos. But It seems there isn't any help. Disappointed!