Gradebook structure from a course to another

Gradebook structure from a course to another

by Nacho Aguilar -
Number of replies: 5

HI,

Is it possible to copy a gradebook structure from a course to another? I mean, I have two courses A and B an, I put categories and son on in course A, Spanish for example and I want to copy the same framework for course B, French. They are also different pupils.

I don't want to copy the course, nor the backup, just the gradebook structure.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Nacho Aguilar

Re: Gradebook structure from a course to another

by Bob Puffer -

If you are using Moodle 1.95 or above but not 2.0 you can backup the "source" course with only the gradebook histories on, (off by default) and restore, adding to the "target" course with gradebook histories on, (off by default).

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Itamar Tzadok -

Bob, if by gradebook histories you mean grade histories, I think it requires also the course users and so can't really serve as a template for the gradebook structure. Not entirely sure about that, though. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Bob Puffer -

Strangely enough... it doesn't.  For one reason or another (all my foraging into the gradebook code has never turned up the reason), including the grade histories will copy the shell of the gradebook even if the users aren't copied.

In reply to Nacho Aguilar

by Niamaat Niamaat -

Hi Nacho,

Were you able to salve your dilema? We have been upgraded to Moodle 2.2. I want copy he structure of one gradebook to another because I do not remember how to buid the structure from scratch. Also of course it would be more efficient to effectively export the structure, weightings etc without re-creating it.

I am searching moodle.com now for instructions and ran across your 2+ year old  post and the responses.

Thank you for any input Happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Nia.