Moodle 2.0 Problem assigning roles in Course category

Moodle 2.0 Problem assigning roles in Course category

by Tobias Sanders -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

I'm getting a blank page when trying to assign roles in a course category. Usind Moddle 2.0 (Release 25th November). Tested it online and offline with MAMP. Request for help.

Regards Tobias

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tobias Sanders

Re: Moodle 2.0 Problem assigning roles in Course category

by Andrew Davis -

Hi. Can you set your site to developer mode and see if an error is then displayed on that page. To set it to developer mode log in as an admin and go to Site Administration -> Development -> Debugging. Set debug messages to "developer" and tick "display debug messages".

In reply to Andrew Davis

by Tobias Sanders -

Hi Andrew,

thanx for your help. Here is what I get, when turning on the debug mode:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function can_edit_in_category() in /www/htdocs/w00d00b5/moodle/lib/navigationlib.php on line 3501

Seems like I was to fast installing Moodle 2.0wink

Found this via Google:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-25397

Now I'm waiting for 2.0.1

Regards Tobias

by Andrew Davis -

ok. Good its fixed I suppose. Just going to have to avoid it until 2.0.1 is released.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tobias,

As mentioned in another discussion, you don't need to wait until 2.0.1 is released to obtain the fix - you just need to download a 2.0+ package. If you do a CVS checkout (as explained in CVS for Administrators), you will have a 2.0+ package. Alternatively, you can wait for a 2.0+ download link to be added to http://download.moodle.org.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Tobias Sanders -

Hey Helen,

that's good news. Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Tobias