Can't give access to Site Administration to other admins

Can't give access to Site Administration to other admins

by Richard Miller -
Number of replies: 8

Currently only one user can see the "Site Administration" block at "www.domain.com/index.php"

I've given another user Admin powers (including the Front Page), but that block is still not visible to them.

What am I missing???

I just need this to happen so I can hand the site over to someone more competent! smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Miller

Re: Can't give access to Site Administration to other admins

by Richard Miller -

Is there more information that I need to supply in order to get some help with this issue? Thanks in advance for any insights!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How have you assigned them? Via site admin>users>permissions>assign system roles? They don;t need a front page role and in fact they don't need ANY other roles system wide -those might be stopping them seeing the site admin block. If that doesn't work, send me your admin login and I will take a look at your permissions.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Richard Miller -

I did assign them via site admin>users>permissions>assign system roles.

That didn't work, so I poked around and discovered the Front Page role assignment thing, and tried that too.

I'll send you a message with the admin login.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ok - fine  -just repliedsmile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -

And to just to clarify for others who might get to here: it seems Richard was trying to assign admins in a course rather than via site admin>users>permissions>assign system roles.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

And just to clarify the clarification, the course in which he was trying to assign admins was the front page, yes or no?

New users may not realize that the front page (which is not MyMoodle) is an actual course. Is that correct?

In reply to ben reynolds

by Mary Cooch -

Well, yes and no - he had assigned admins to A course and also to the front page - but not globally. They were removed from the front page and the course in question and added system wide - and it worked.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

Roles & Capabilities is one of the hardest parts of Moodle to understand.