Moodle 2.0 is now available!

Moodle 2.0 is now available!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 0

Moodle 2

Tui and Tom making an M Well, after about two and a half years of work by hundreds of people, I'm proud to say that we have a Moodle 2.0 ready for you to download.

All the functional QA tests have passed, all the 3873 unit tests are passing, and enough people think it's finished, so it must be finished.  smile  The last step was to take the (now traditional) Moodle version photo of my kids for this news post, which I did today.

I know it's taken a long time, it's been a rough and rocky road.   A huge thank you must go out to all the developers, testers, supporters, teachers, trainers, administrators, artists, friends, researchers and students who have contributed to this release.  Special thanks to our Moodle Partners for providing most of the funding.

The scope was rather ambitious, with hundreds of refactorings and new features.  The release notes have most of the details, but we'll be continuing to present news about Moodle 2.0 here on moodle.org (and elsewhere) over the next few months.

Development-wise in the near future we at Moodle HQ are continuing refinement work on Moodle 2.0.1, with particular focus on performance and robustness.  We are also switching the whole project from CVS to git and taking the opportunity to significantly improve our entire development process with more staff and better structures and workflow.  We have big plans!

I'll have a lot more news soon.  For now, enjoy the free code!

(Pssst, all of those who have been waiting for a release before starting to test it, here's your green light! smile )

Cheers all!