Uninstalling Certificate Site-Wide Block and Verification

Uninstalling Certificate Site-Wide Block and Verification

by Joel Brondos -
Number of replies: 4

In my original installation where I capitalized the folder with unexpected results, I also added the supplementary Certificate add-ins such as the Site-Wide Block and verification.

Now that I'm having some difficulty with uninstalling and re-installing the basic Certificate module, I'm wondering if I also have to uninstall the Site-wide Block, et al. -- and if so, where are these located?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joel Brondos

Re: Uninstalling Certificate Site-Wide Block and Verification

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Joel,

Been down that rabbit hole more than once (trying to save me from myself).  big grin

I would be going to the site administration>modules>activities>manage activities and deleting the certificate.  This should get rid of any entries in the database and delete the Certificate or certificate folder.

Then try the FTP again, creating the /mod/certificate folder and copying the files and trying notification.

Could be wrong about the site wide block, but it gets installed in another area and I am guessing once certificate is reinstalled things will be fine.

Chris

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Collman

by Joel Brondos -

Do you think it makes a difference if I CREATE a /mod/certificate folder rather than take the folder from my computer and drop it onto /mod? (Am I being clear?) I've been dragging and dropping the folder from my Filezilla local window to the host window and dropping the certificate folder onto the /mod folder . . . which appears to create a subfolder under /mod called /certificate -- but after finding out that the folder names are case sensitive, I'm beginning to wonder.

Thanks for your help!

In reply to Joel Brondos

by Raymond Fürst -

Do you use windows on your client pc while your moodle is running on a unix system? Then it might be possible that filezilla causes some case-switching. Unix filenames are case sensitive while windows filenames are not. If you create a file or a folder in Windows, the first letter is often capitalized automatically. Transfering it to unix will keep the letter capitalized.

This is not a problem unless you do not check the destination folder to be lowercase before running the notifications page.

In reply to Joel Brondos

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Should not make a difference.  But remember I said that this "reduces variables", leaving me to think about my webservers differences.  Being case sensitive would be one of those.   Windows is looser than linux when it comes to folder names.

I have used Filezilla and WinSCP just as you described.

As Raymond said in the other post (we are cross posting), get rid of everything certificate. I I would add, check to make sure it is gone (for educational purposes).  So as he said, first use the site admin menu >modules>activities  etc and use that to delete the certificate activity.   Then follow Raymond's step by step to see if it worked, making his indicated corrections if it did not.  That would be using Filezilla to see if the mod/certificate module existed and phpMyAdmin to look in the database called moodle for tables that have certificate in their name (perhaps mdl_certificate).  Keep following his instructions and you should come out the other side.

tongueout Warning messages are scary, so I offer this. When I first started Moodling, I placed a large smoky quartz crystal on top of my PC before I used phpMyAdmin or looked at a php file.   Today, I have given up those kinds of materials aids, to a more spirtual approach.   It is all about the mind, so I take a slow deep breath and quietly drone the Moodle Mantra, repeating this as necessary.tongueout

Chris